Saturday, May 14, 2011

life happens

Okay, so I put in my 2 week notice. I'm officially unemployed beginning 5/27/11. I'm also jumping right into school. I have an online class starting May 16th.

Going back to SCSU, where I partied and goofed off and quit twice. I'm thinking about my life this week and I'm sure I was meant to drop out of school to work to find out I wanted to work in health care. I'm also sure I would never have met my husband had I finished college in 4 years. I'm sure I would have had an important career that wouldn't have allowed me to work part-time for my first 3 years of motherhood. Who knows, maybe that career wouldn't have allowed me to do fertility treatments at all?

Also, seeing the Speech Language Pathologist working with Quinn these past months made me interested in pursuing that field. Staying in health care, working with patients/clients, weekday hours, and other employment possibilities (working in schools). Good average pay (about double what I was making before I quit) makes me feel like school will be worth the investment.

If all goes well, I will be able to finish my Bachelor's by May 2013 and my Master's by Dec 2015 or so. We have no money to pay for school, so we're hoping for grants and loans to help. Trying not to think too hard about that...

My life is about to be turned upside down - in a good way! Sounds like a great time to throw a baby into the mix?!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats--curve balls make life interesting and fun! Take it day by day, you will do great. It's great to do something for YOU that will benefit your family and so many others. Making a difference is a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete