Saturday, May 7, 2011

indecisive

Today was one of the days where I wonder why I would want to have a baby in the house again. We were outside most of the day, and even though Quinn still needs supervision, we were both able to work a bit in the yard without being "bothered." The kids are both old enough now to play on their own and entertain themselves, so having a baby would mean going back to nearly constant care again.

I like having children who can do more things for themselves. They can walk places, and unless we go for a long period of time, I don't need to drag diapers and toys and cups, etc. Things are pretty comfortable and low maintenance.

Don't get me wrong, the kids are a heck of a lot of work. I wouldn't ever say that motherhood is easy. However, having a newborn/infant/young toddler is very different from having a preschooler.

On the other hand, maybe having two preschoolers is just what I need to get through having another newborn! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment